Hunter Scrubs treats the handling of your personal information very seriously. To that end, Hunter Scrubs has systems and procedures in place to protect your privacy in relation to the handling of your personal information.
1. Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is information or opinion from which an individual’s identity may be ascertained. The nature of personal information collected by Hunter Scrubs generally comprises an individual’s name and contact details (including address, phone, fax and e-mail). Such personal information is collected for the purposes of business dealings with our individual customers.
Hunter Scrubs also collects other types of personal information (eg. credit information, business numbers), and will inform you upon collecting such information the purpose for which it is being collected.
Hunter Scrubs does not collect personal information unless it is necessary for Hunter Scrubs to perform one or more of its functions and activities. Hunter Scrubs will generally collect personal information from you directly. For example, Hunter Scrubs may collect personal information via telephone or letter, or over the counter sales.
There may be other occasions when Hunter Scrubs needs to source personal information from an external third party. For example, Hunter Scrubs may collect personal information from credit agencies when establishing a credit account.
2. Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information provided to Hunter Scrubs will be kept strictly confidential.
Hunter Scrubs will use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which the personal information was initially collected.
Hunter Scrubs may also use that personal information for a purpose related to the initial purpose of collection if that other purpose would be within your reasonable expectations. Related purposes might include internal auditing and administration, adding your name to a contact list, or helping us to identify products which may be of benefit or interest to you.
Hunter Scrubs will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purposes without first obtaining your express or implied consent. Hunter Scrubs may however be required to disclose your personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law;
- required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
- required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or
- necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
Generally, Hunter Scrubs will retain your personal information within Australia and not use or disclose it overseas. However, on some occasions the information may need to be transferred overseas in order to perform one of Hunter Scrubs functions or activities. In these circumstances, Hunter Scrubs will either obtain your express or implied consent or will use its best endeavours to ensure that your personal information will receive protection similar to that which it would have if the information were in Australia .
Like most business organisations, Hunter Scrubs relies on third party suppliers who are contracted to conduct specialised activities such as product supply, supply of equipment, engineering services, security services, accounting. While personal information may be provided to these suppliers in order to enable them to perform the agreed tasks, Hunter Scrubs will make every effort to ensure that the supplier handles the personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles and confidentiality principles.
3. Direct marketing
From time to time Hunter Scrubs use your personal information to identify production and projected sales that may be of interest to you to send you information regarding Hunter Scrubs products. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information, please let Hunter Scrubs know. Hunter Scrubs will take immediate steps to ensure that you do not receive any direct marketing information in future.
4. Personal Information Quality
Hunter Scrubs objective is to ensure that all personal information collected by Hunter Scrubs is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist Hunter Scrubs in achieving its objective, please contact the Privacy Officer if any of your details change. Further, if you believe that the information Hunter Scrubs holds is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please contact the Privacy Officer in order to have the information corrected.
5. Personal Information Security
Hunter Scrubs is committed to keeping your personal information secure, and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse or alteration.
Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on Hunter Scrubs software or systems. Hunter Scrubs maintains computer and network security using passwords to control and restrict access to authorised staff for approved purposes. Where information is particularly sensitive, the information is overwritten and then manually deleted.
6. Access To Personal Information
You may request access to the personal information Hunter Scrubs holds about you.
The procedure for gaining access is as follows:
- All requests for access to your personal information must be made in writing and addressed to the Privacy Officer.
- You must provide as much detail as possible regarding the business entity, department or person to whom you believe your personal information has been provided, and when. This will allow Hunter Scrubs to process your request faster.
- Hunter Scrubs will acknowledge your request within 14 days, and access will usually be granted within 14 days, or if it is more complicated, 30 days. Hunter Scrubs will inform you if this timeframe is not achievable.
- You will be asked to verify your identity.
- A fee may apply to such access in the event that a request for access is onerous or time consuming. Such a fee will cover staff costs involved in locating and collating information, and reproduction costs.
- Depending on the circumstances, you may be forwarded the information by mail or email, or you may be required to personally inspect your records at the appropriate place.
- You will be given the opportunity to correct any personal information which is no longer accurate.
In some circumstances, Hunter Scrubs may not be in a position to provide access. Such circumstances include where:
- access would create a serious threat to safety;
- providing access will have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- denying access is required or authorised by law;
- the request is frivolous;
- legal proceedings are underway;
- negotiations may be prejudiced by such access; or
- access would reveal a commercially sensitive decision making process.
If Hunter Scrubs denies access to your personal information, it will provide you with reasons in writing.
6. Changes To This Policy
Hunter Scrubs may change this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly.
If you believe that your privacy has been infringed you are entitled to complain. All complaints should initially be in writing and directed to the Privacy Officer. Hunter Scrubs will respond to your complaint as soon as possible, within 14 working days, to let you know who is responsible for managing your query. Hunter Scrubs will try to resolve the complaint within 30 working days. When this is not possible Hunter Scrubs will contact you to provide an estimate of how long it will take to handle the complaint.
If you believe Hunter Scrubs has not adequately dealt with your complaint, you may complain to the Privacy Commissioner whose contact details are as follows:
Officer of the Federal Privacy Commissioner
133 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: 02 9284 9800
8. Privacy Officer’s Contact Details
Please address all written correspondence to:
Privacy Officer, c/- Hunter Scrubs
PO Box 2349
Gateshead, NSW 2290